We do not automatically gather any personal information from you. Personal information provided to us such as your name, phone number or e-mail address may be temporarily stored on our computer system. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, by contacting us via phone or e-mail, fax, correspondence or by submitting a form on our website. After a reasonable time we will remove such information from our system.
Client information is not disclosed to anyone except Timberlink Australia personnel, who need the information to respond to a request that you may have lodged, or to our service providers with whom we have established service level agreements and are part of our contracts for services as discussed in the services outline. Personal Information provided will not be made available to overseas recipients.
We will only record your personal information (including e-mail address) if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and related purposes within your reasonable expectations. We will not disclose your personal information for any other purpose without your consent.
Any personal information that you provide is protected under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Vic). This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information. You can gain access to the personal information we hold about you by written request. A request to gain this information and any questions, corrections or any complaint in relation to your privacy should be sent to:
331 Old Bell Bay Road,
Bell Bay, TAS 7253
Complaints will be dealt with in the following manner:
1. A complaint of a breach under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) will be allocated to and investigated by Timberlink.
2. We will contact the complainant in writing, stating:
* our understanding of the conduct being complained about;
* that we are conducting an investigation;
* and requesting that the complainant outline what they expect as an outcome.
3. We may provide the information you provide and details of the complaint to relevant service providers to assist in dealing with the complaint
5. Once our investigation into the complaint is finalised, the record of the complaint, the investigation and any action taken to rectify any breach may be retained. Where appropriate, your personal information can be removed upon your request. The information retained may be used by us for internal review of practices.